Custom Search

Monday, November 10, 2008

Stop the Presses! The U.S. is Conducting Secret Operations Around the Globe!

The New York Times is at it again, publishing classified information supposedly leaked to them from intelligence officials. When I was in the Navy, I held a Top Secret security clearance. It was unthinkable to me to ever divulge classified information to someone not authorized. If I had and got caught, I would have rightly went to prison. I was just a peon though, I guess the rules change when you get to the top.

You can read the whole story here if you really want to, but I can summarize it for you: Since 2004, the U.S. has carried out secret missions around the world targeting terrorists. These missions were authorized by the president.

This is supposed to be news? Maybe I've seen too many movies, but I was under the impression that the special forces were constantly involved in secret missions around the world, trying to keep us safe. In fact, I'd be more worried to learn they were sitting on their asses doing nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment