Custom Search

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Congratulations President Obama

We all knew he was going to win and I thought I had already accepted it. I still felt disappointed as hell this morning, though. I couldn't bring myself to watch his acceptance speech, but I did watch McCain's concession speech. I think I'd have been less angry if I'd watched the acceptance speech instead. It almost seemed like McCain wanted Obama to win. In fact his whole campaign seemed that way. There were so many legitimate issues that McCain just decided not to bring up. He wanted to be the 'better man' I guess. I've got news for John McCain, you didn't get nominated to be the better man, you got nominated to win.

John McCain likes to talk about putting America first, but in this election he put his own ego first. If he really cared about America, he would have been as ruthless as necessary to make sure we didn't have a President Obama. Instead he was more worried about what people thought of his honor and dignity.

As disappointed as I am, I remember how much it irked me to see people saying such mean and vindictive things about President Bush. I vow not to do the same thing. I'm sure I'll have lots of things to disagree with President Obama about, but I'll never let my expression of those disagreements sink to the level of some of the left's attacks on Bush. The majority of people chose Obama to be our president and as Americans we should respect that and the office he holds.


No comments:

Post a Comment