Custom Search

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Bush Suspended Deportations to Protect Obama's Aunt?

While I have my suspicions as to whether this is the reason, it wouldn't surprise me if it were. Watching the speech Bush gave after Obama's election, I got the feeling Bush was happy to see him win. I'm sure there are some hard feelings between McCain and Bush still lingering from the 2000 primaries. Maybe Bush was happy to see him fail again.

Still, I doubt it would have made a difference either way, even if Obama's aunt would have been deported. He had no control over his aunt's actions. If anything, it would have only generated sympathy. People for whom immigration was an issue this election had no real choice anyway. Would they rather vote for a guy whose aunt happened to be an illegal alien or a guy who actually crafted a huge amnesty bill?

No comments:

Post a Comment