Custom Search

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Sarah Palin in 2012?

I don't see what all the hoopla about Sarah Palin is. At first I really liked her too. I had no real reason to as I, like most Americans, knew very little about her. Mainly I liked her because she added some excitement to what was becoming a snore fest of a campaign. It was also nice to see someone who appeared so genuine enter the race. She seemed to really represent conservative ideals, in stark contrast to John McCain.

But is it too much to ask for someone who is truly conservative but can also speak well? Sarah Palin needs to learn to speak in complete sentences before she even thinks about running for president. I'm not saying she's a bad public speaker. In fact, she sounds great when she's giving a speech. However, when she's making off the cuff remarks I'm constantly reminded of the youtube video of that beauty pageant contestant from South Carolina stuttering about 'the Iraq.' Whether this is a reflection of her intelligence or she just needs a lot more practice, I have no idea (although I suspect it's the latter). Barak Obama, with all his umms and uhhhs, at least managed to complete his thoughts when communicating.

No comments:

Post a Comment